Drug Addiction Quotes
Inspirational Quotes For A Loved One & For Recovering Addicts
Are you struggling with an addiction or substance use disorder? If you or someone you love is fighting against substance abuse, the following addiction quotes will help on the journey towards recovery. For even more support, contact us today at We Level Up TX for addiction treatment options.
When you are fighting with an addiction, every bit of support is more than welcome. When the battle gets tough, it can be quite helpful to read or listen to inspirational individuals who successfully overcame their addiction.
Drug Addict Boyfriend Quotes
- “Substance abuse is a very real trap. Drugs and alcohol are very much like an abusive lover who treats you well at first and then beats you up, apologizes, gives you nice treatment for a while, and then beats you up again. The trap is in trying to hang in there for the good while trying to overlook the bad. Wrong. This can never work.“
– Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- “It is impossible to understand addiction without asking what relief the addict finds, or hopes to find, in the drug or the addictive behavior.“
– Gabor Mate
- “Recovery is a process. It takes time. It takes patience. It takes everything you’ve got.“
- “Addiction brings apathy. Break the apathy, and you break the addiction.“
– Mango Wodzak
- “No one consciously chooses addiction to a substance or behavior over his partner. There are always reasons – powerful ones – why a person retreats into addiction.“
– Christopher Kennedy Lawford
Drug Addiction Quotes Family
- “I guess the worst day I have had was when I had to stand up in rehab in front of my wife and daughter and say, ‘Hi, my name is Sam, and I am an addict.“
– Samuel J. Jackson
- “Human beings have a deep need to bond and form connections. If we can’t connect with each other, we will connect with whatever we can find … It is disconnection that drives addiction.“
– Christopher Kennedy Lawford
- “Your decision to kill your addiction will become a reality only if you believe and reinforce the fact that you have the capacity to do it.“
– Oche Otorkpa
- “Understanding the difference between healthy striving and perfectionism is critical to laying down the shield and picking up your life. Research shows that perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life paralysis.“
– Brené Brown
Loving a Drug Addict Quotes
- “It takes a strong person to stand up to his or her fate and overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of freedom and success, but I believe in you.“
– Pax Prentiss
- “Recovery is not for people who need it. It’s for people who want it.“
- “Unless an addict wants to quit, they’ll find a way to get drugs, and as soon as they leave the rehab facility they’ll pick up where they left off.“
– Mitch Winehouse
- “It’s not the drugs that make a drug addict. It’s the need to escape reality.“
- “There is always a decision. Take responsibility for it. Addict or human. It’s a decision. Each and every time.“
– James Frey
- “What is addiction, really? It is a sign, a signal, a symptom of distress. It is a language that tells us about a plight that must be understood“
– Alice Miller
Inspirational Quotes for Drug Addicts
- It is easier to stay out than get out.
– Mark Twain
- “I got sober. I stopped killing myself with alcohol. I began to think: ‘Wait a minute – if I can stop doing this, what are the possibilities?’ And slowly it dawned on me that it was maybe worth the risk.“
– Craig Ferguson
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.“
– C.S. Lewis
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.“
– Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “Drugs take you to hell, disguised as heaven.“
– Donald Lyn Frost
- “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.“
– Frida Kahlo
- “One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery.“
– Demi Lovato
- “I used to think a drug addict was someone who lived on the far edges of society. Wild-eyed, shaven-headed and living in a filthy squat. That was until I became one…“
– Cathryn Kemp
- “Not all addictions are rooted in abuse or trauma, but I do believe they can all be traced to painful experience. A hurt is at the center of all addictive behaviors.“
– Gabor Mate
- “For all the alcoholics and addicts out there, you are loved, stop being so stubborn and come in from the cold. Wherever you are, there is a brighter light in your sight. Move towards it every day, and keep moving towards it. Even the worst and strongest addiction is a choice – a choice not to fight, to give up, to indulge the impulse, or instead to accept the hands offered you to help.“
– Dave Pryor
- “I used drugs to feel better. I quit drugs to be better.“
- “Most addicts I have talked to report a similar experience. They did not start using drugs for any reason they can remember. They just drifted along until they got hooked. If you have never been addicted, you can have no clear idea what it means to need junk with the addict’s special need. You don’t decide to be an addict. One morning you wake up sick and you’re an addict.“
– William S. Burroughs
- “Addictions… started out like magical pets, pocket monsters. They did extraordinary tricks, showed you things you hadn’t seen, were fun. But came, through some gradual dire alchemy, to make decisions for you. Eventually, they were making your most crucial life-decisions. And they were… less intelligent than goldfish“
– William Gibson
Drug Addicted Parents Quotes
- “Imperfect parenting does not cause addiction. If that were so, everyone would be one.“
– Sandy Swenson
- “It’s like an addiction, one I battle every day. It appeared at first drink. I was becoming the very thing I feared – my father’s son. I wanted to be as far away from that Threshold as possible. I swore I’d never take another sip, no matter how crazy it made me. No matter how much it called to me. Resisting became easier with time.“
– Sara Ella
- “You cannot quite understand the power of addiction until you have seen it firsthand. Until you have seen it eat like acid through everything you are. It is astounding to watch. Its slow and total corrosion of your entire life is mesmerizing. As you watch it, you keep thinking, “At some point, the corrosion will stop. There is no way it will be able to eat through this next thing. This next thing is too important to me.” But then it does. It eats through everything. And you realize you are dealing with a vast and inhuman power.“
– Mother Horse Eyes
Inspirational Quotes for Recovering Drug Addict
- Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self- respect and everything that goes along with with your self esteem.
– Kurt Cobain
- Alcoholism is a disease that creates temporary madness and insanity. Drug addiction is a disease that destroys health and humanity.
– Dr T.P.Chia
- People try drugs out of curiosity, to have a good time, to improve athletic performance, or to escape from stress, anxiety or depression, but all drug addicts are willful victims themselves.
– Dr T.P.Chia
- Don’t do drugs because if you do drugs you’ll go to prison, and drugs are really expensive in prison.
– John Hardwick
- I’m very serious about no alcohol, no drugs. Life is too beautiful.
– Jim Carrey
- “Recovery from addiction requires hard work, a proper attitude, and learning skills to stay sober, not drinking alcohol or using other drugs. Successful drug recovery or alcohol recovery involves changing attitudes, acquiring knowledge, and developing skills to meet the many challenges of sobriety.“
– Dr. Dennis Daley
“You are not an alcoholic or an addict. You are not incurably diseased. You have merely become dependent on substances or addictive behavior to cope with underlying conditions that you are now going to heal, at which time your dependency will cease completely and forever.“
- “Addiction, at its worst, is akin to having Stockholm Syndrome. You’re like a hostage who has developed an irrational affection for your captor. They can abuse you, torture you, even threaten to kill you, and you’ll remain inexplicably and disturbingly loyal.“
– Anne Clendening
- “Never underestimate a recovering addict. We fight for our lives every day in ways most people will never understand.“
- “I didn’t even know I was addicted until I tried to stop.“
- “Someone once told me, ‘I heard you finally got rid of your addiction.’ I smiled and said, ‘No, addiction doesn’t work like that. Once you have it, you will always have it. I just choose not to feed it.“
I hope you enjoyed this collection of drug addiction quotes. Don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need it. The very first step towards recovery is to seek help.
The fight against addiction is so difficult because the behavior is deeply rooted in the brain. Even worse, most addictions develop their tight grasp slowly over time. For this reason, many addicts do not even recognize that they have become addicted.
However, the first step towards recovery is the acknowledgment that one is addicted. The second and perhaps even more important step is to seek help. Without such help, the battle against an addiction becomes even more difficult.
105 Inspirational Addiction Quotes for Your Recovery – http://www.planetofsuccess.com/blog/2019/addiction-quotes/
We Level Up » Depression and Anxiety Quotes, Effective Treatment and Recovery Inspirations